Volunteering with the National Trust today in Bransdale. Removing some old fencing.
Bransdale is perhaps the most quietest and secluded dale on the North York Moors. At the moment as the road to Farndale is closed, access can only be gained via Helmsley. The National Trust owns 2,000 acres, mostly tenanted upland farms.
Prior to 1934 Westside was in a separate parish from the other side of the dale, Eastside, which was part of the parish of Farndale.
In the centre of the photo is Bransdale’s small Wesleyan Chapel.