One for the Guisborough ex-patriots. From the top of an old spoil heap from Belmont Ironstone Mine. The metal stanchions supported a ropeway used to haul the spoil up from the mine entrance near Hunter Hill Farm. This mine was owned by Bolchow, Vaughan and Company and operated from 1907 to 1921. In the eighties this spoil heap was fairly sterile, nothing would grow on it. But today nature is slowly reclaiming.